Generator and Motor Testing
High voltage testing can tell you a lot about the condition, electrical make up and mechanical integrity of a generator or motor. High voltage tests are commonly done after a product has been manufactured, installed onsite or during periodic maintenance checks. The most common test that manufactures and service groups must do is a high voltage AC dielectric withstand test. The test involves applying an AC voltage to a rotor or stator winding to verify it can withstand a specified AC voltage. This will not only confirm the quality of a new generator or motor, but it is also a useful test to verify the insulation condition after a generator or motor has already been installed. Though AC dielectric testing is a common high voltage test that is performed, there are many other tests that are done for quality checks and for preventative maintenance purposes. These other high voltage tests include power factor testing, insulation resistance, no-load and load testing and DC hipot testing.
HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS offers the largest variety of generator & motor testing equipment on the market. HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS can provide the necessary high voltage test equipment to all generator & motor manufacturers, service/maintenance companies and those in the hydro & mining industry where generators and motors are used frequently.
Applied AC Testing
- Resonant Test Systems: Our tank type series resonant test systems, used for applied AC tests on generator windings, can be built into a single enclosure to maximize portability in the factory or onsite.
- 700 Series: Our AC dielectric test systems are designed for a wide range of voltage and current ratings to meet many different generator and motor high voltage testing requirements.
Motor Test Systems: MTS
- MTS: An electrical control, measurement and power device used to start up multi-horsepower single phase, poly-phase and DC motors.
Partial Discharge Measurement
- DDX9121b: Modular partial discharge detection systems to be combined with HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS Resonant test systems, 700 series or MIDAS 2880G.
DC Hipot Testing
- 800 Series: HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS offers a full line of DC hipots that can be used for testing electric motors and generators. The DC hipot testers are portable and can easily be moved from jobsite to jobsite.
Power Factor / C & tan δ
- MIDAS 2880,2881: The MIDAS 2880 / 2881 is a portable power factor tester for periodic maintenance and inspection of high voltage insulation losses or electric apparatus.
- 2820A: This dielectric-loss analyzing system is a power factor tester designed for measurement of very low dielectric losses and impedances.
Insulation Resistance / Polarization index
- 5478: Portable multi-purpose digital tester intended for analyzing, inspecting and maintaining high voltage insulation.
- 2293: Automatic Winding Analyzer