High Voltage Cable & Wire Testing
High voltage testing of cable and wire insulation is an important process in research, development, and production for our customers in the cable business. It is also an integral part of the manufacturing process to verify cable insulation integrity before it is installed on-site. A high voltage cable test may include AC withstand, partial discharge, and DC hipot to name a few. Today’s cables must be able to withstand higher voltage levels, weigh less and be more durable than ever before, making this type of testing so crucial in the cable and wire industry.
HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS prides itself on being in the forefront of cable and wire testing technology. From our standard AC dielectric test systems, to our resonant and impulse systems; we work with our customers to provide the best solution for testing a wide range of high voltage cables.
Applied AC Testing
- Resonant Test Systems: Our modular and tank Series Resonant Systems are designed to test high voltage cable according to the latest IEC, AEIC and UL standards.
- 700 Series: Our dielectric test systems are designed in a wide range of voltage and power ratings to meet requirements for testing low and medium voltage cables.
- CTTS: When combined with an impulse or resonant test, these cable test termination systems make high voltage testing of cables fast and easy.
- WPU: Our state-of-the-art water processing technology regulates the conductivity of water and serves as a cooling system, while thermal losses generated during the cable test are dissipated to avoid overheating.
- KEV: This series of cable test terminations can be combined with partial discharge or tan delta measurement systems for the testing of medium voltage plastic-insulated cables.
Heat Cycle Testing
- LV Systems: Our heat cycle test systems are designed and built for cable type testing by raising and controlling the temperature of a conductor to simulate current loading conditions in an electrical circuit.
Partial Discharge Measurement
- DDX 7000/8003: We’ve designed a partial discharge monitoring system specifically for the power cable industry and that includes PD site location technology, as well as high accuracy, real-time displays and a user friendly interface.
Power Factor / C Tan δ Measurement
- 2840: Our tan delta measuring bridges are designed to measure low dielectric losses and impedances of high voltage apparatus such as power cables.
- Impulse Voltage Systems: Our impulse voltage test systems can be used to generate impulse voltages simulating lightning and switching surges according to IEC, ANSI, IEEE, as well as other international standards.
- Impulse Current Systems: Our impulse current test systems are used for quality control type testing, as well as research and development according to IEC, ANSI, and IEEE standards.
Ultra High Voltage DC
- UVHDC: Our ultra high voltage DC test systems are designed to perform cable insulation tests according to CIGRE 219, 496 & 189 and are modular for easy set-up and future expansion.
DC Hipot Test Equipment
- DC Hipot Test Equipment: Our portable and modular DC Hipots are designed to perform cable insulation tests on medium voltage power cable both during installation and for routine maintenance.