High voltage testing is an important process in research, development, and production of surge arrestors. It is also an integral part of the manufacturing quality process to verify insulation integrity before it is installed. Arrestor testing may include AC withstand, partial discharge, and impulse to name a few.
HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS prides itself on being in the forefront of high voltage and current testing technology. From our standard AC dielectric test systems, to our resonant and impulse systems; we work with our customers to provide the best solution for testing a range of surge arrestors.
Applied AC Testing
- Resonant Test Systems: Our modular and tank Series Resonant Systems are designed to test high voltage apparatus such as arrestors according to the latest IEC and UL standards.
- 700 Series: Our dielectric test systems are designed in a wide range of voltage and power ratings to meet requirements for testing arrestors of all sizes.
- ACS/PSZ: These dielectric test systems are designed to produce a stable output even with a changing or inductive load during heavy corona, wet and pollution tests.
Partial Discharge Measurement
- DDX 9101: This is the ideal solution for pass/fail partial discharge testing; incorporating all the basic functions of an analog detector to help modernize your facility at an affordable price while meeting all IEC and IEEE/ANSI standards.
- DDX 9121b: We’ve designed a modular partial discharge monitoring system specifically for lab testing of surge arrestors, and includes features such as high accuracy, real-time displays and a user friendly interface.
- Impulse Voltage Systems: Our impulse voltage test systems can be used to generate impulse voltages simulating lightning strokes and switching surges according to IEC, ANSI, IEEE, as well as other international standards.
- Impulse Current Systems: Our impulse current test systems are used for quality control type testing, as well as research and development according to IEC, ANSI, and IEEE standards.