Customer Support, Training & Consulting
HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS specializes in the design, manufacture, and installation of a wide variety of high voltage test equipment according to the relevant international standards. In addition, our professional team can provide individualized services with respect to high voltage test system and laboratory layouts as well as specific implementations for specialized test needs. Our unparalleled experience in:
- High Voltage AC
- High Voltage DC
- High Voltage Impulse
- High Current Impulse
- EMC Compliance
provides our customers with a broad range of knowledge and expertise that insures the highest quality and reliability available in the marketplace. Our relationship with our customers does not stop with the delivery of equipment. Access our expertise when special challenges arise. We can provide a structured technical services solution for those applications above and beyond the routine test requirements. Our engineers are highly experienced and are equipped with a knowledge base gathered over a century’s existence of our company.
The goal of our training program is to help you gain experience and save money. We plan to explain the many testing solutions available for test diagnostics and how to speed up test time in the field – but that’s just the beginning.
Training courses take place at HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS located at 1650 Route 22 North, Brewster, NY 10509. At our facility you will be afforded an opportunity to gain valuable skills and gather with peers to discuss hot topics in the industry. To sign up and begin scheduling, simply fill out our short form Training Sign Up or contact us via email with any questions.
- Certification is provided to each individual upon completion of the course(s).
- The length of our courses vary by subject.
- All courses are taught in English.
- Courses are held at our facility in Brewster, New York.
- Course attendees must comply with our visitor policy.
- These courses are not meant for product-specific training.
- Gain familiarity with a wide range of test sets and applications.
- Apply the workflow supported by our superior product line in order to be sure that your tests are accurate and consistent.
- Learn how to generate reliable test reports, practice general safety, and utilize well-organized step-by-step procedures.
- Receive value-added assurance to guarantee your test labs are up to date with the most recent revisions to national and international high voltage (HV) testing standards.
- Maintenance and Service companies
- And anyone working in the HV business!
Learn How To
- Isolate faulted sections using advanced sectionalizing techniques
- Locate and interpret cable faults with TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) waveforms on radial and loop feed systems
- Pinpoint cable faults with Ballistic and Acoustic Listening Devices (FlashPhone)
- Verify integrity of cable insulation
- Portable cable fault locator systems (5250 series, X-Wave)
- Truck-mount thumpers (CF series, CET)
- Fault location radars and accessories (TDR series, HVC series,WB20CB open/short locator)
Cable Fault Locating: As the industry pioneer in cable and wire testing, Hipotronics remains the premier supplier for all your testing needs. That’s one reason why our professionals are your go-to people for training in this area. Read More.
Learn How To
- Measure insulation resistance
- Measure polarization index
- Perform winding resistance measurement for any size transformer
- Assess condition of transformer insulating oil with dielectric withstand tests
- Measure short circuit impedance of power transformers at reduced current
- Measure power factor and dissipation factor to detect aging and deterioration within the insulation of the transformer
- Run three-phase and single-phase turns ratio meters (TTR)
- Perform capacitance and tan delta testing
- Conduct frequency response analysis to verify mechanical/electrical integrity
- Insulation resistance tester (5478 ,HVM-series)
- Winding resistance meter (2293)
- Oil dielectric test set (OC60D, OC90D, E-series)
- Turns ratio meter (2795,2796)
- Power factor tester (MIDAS Series)
- Frequency response analyzer (FRA5310)
Transformer Diagnostics: Testing of transformers is important for both manufacturers and end users. Manufacturers need to be certain their units are meeting the desired specifications, while end users need to perform regular maintenance procedures to detect minor fault symptoms before timely and costly failures occur. Read More.
Learn How To
- Properly apply high voltage across the “insulator” portion of the boom
- Measure the resulting current flow through the insulator in accordance to ANSI Standard A92.2
- Improve on skills required to record and interpret test results
- Learn how to properly position lift trucks (both articulating and telescoping) for acceptance and maintenance testing
- Portable HVT series AC hipots (60HVT, 100HVT, 120HVT)
- Portable 800 series DC hipots (880PL-10MA, 8120-5PL, 8170-5PL)
- 700 series AC dielectric test sets
Aerial Lift Testing Course: Protecting the lives of lineman and ensuring their overall safety is a top priority for both utilities and tree removal companies. Sometimes the voltage withstand ability (dielectric breakdown) of aerial life devices could be the difference between life and death. Read More.