X-WAVE - Portable Primary Cable Fault Locator
HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS’ X-WAVE is the most advanced, safe, and powerful cable fault locating tool on the market for sectionalizing your URD loop feed installations. Used together with the Hipotronics H-Flash, it makes short work of URD Sectionalizing of cable faults.
HAEFELY HIPOTRONICS’ X-WAVE is a fully self contained, battery operated and weatherproof unit. The controller is microprocessor-based with large weather tight push buttons and optical encoder knob with user-friendly sequencing for ease of operation. The integrated emergency stop button, isolated return, and unique mechanical design ensures user safety.
The Hipotronics X-WAVE was specifically designed to shorten restoration time and increase productivity for todays utilities, resulting in an improved SAIDI index.
Additional Product Information
- Automatic identification of key cable parameters (cable length and distance to fault)
- Quick Location Faults
- Accessible memory locations for internal trace storage
- Large LCD display designed with a trans-reflective film for use in direct sunlight
- Automatic setup of sampling rate, gain and pulse width
- Intuitive, step-by-step Instructions ensures ease of operation
- Large, easy-to-use push buttons
- Proof Tester 500V to 10kV DC variable output
- Safety Isolated: return & all front panel parts securely grounded for safe operation of the unit
- Multi-Purpose Device: has ability to pre-locate, locate and diagnose cable faults
- Easy to Use: device walks user through test procedure; in 5 easy steps youve located the fault
- Serial Port: allows for waveform download and evaluation of test results
- Reduce Outage Time: by quickly locating cable faults you reduce outage time and get power back to your customers sooner
- Reduce Cable Damage: using a TDR reduces thumping and therefore damage to the cable
- Identifying individual phases of three-phase cable
- Positively identify a cable phase with several cables present
- Power circuits
- Distribution networks
- XWAVE-Battery: Extra Auxiliary Battery Pack
- XWAVE-Power: Auxiliary AC Power Adapter (Allows users to run the equipment while charging simultaneously.)
- H-FLASH: FlashPhone, Digital Acoustic/Ballistic Listening Device
- EXT-WARN-1: One year extended warranty
Finding which type of equipment will fit your testing requirements is not an easy task – so take advantage of our library resources. They’re aimed to help customers find the products they need in a quick and easy manner.