SGDA - Impulse Voltage Generator
The SGDA impulse generators are the perfect solution for carrying out impulse tests on HV or UHV cables (5 kJ version) as well as on MV and HV power transformers (10 kJ version). Their small footprint and stable design meet the needs of universities and R&D centers. And with its unique Δ-structure, the SGDA impulse generators are easy to transport and erect onsite.
The SGDA series are available for 5 or 10 kJ stage energy, with total charging voltages from 400 kV up to 3000 kV. Also, this system features the lowest internal inductance ever achieved and is well-suited for transformer manufacturers.
Additional Product Information
- Total charging voltage 400kV – 3000kV
- 5 or 10 kJ stage energy
- The lowest internal inductance ever achieved
- Small footprint
- Reliable and accurate triggering by improved Marx Circuit
- Handy plug-in resistors and connections
- Unique protective grounding device
- Ease of operation with modern control system
- Impulse wave shapes’ analysis according to latest IEC, ANSI/IEEE
- Compact Design
- Short configuration times
- A modular expandable system that grows with your application needs (max. 3000kV)
- Easy handling and transportation for on-site testing
- High stability and durability
Finding which type of equipment will fit your testing requirements is not an easy task – so take advantage of our library resources. They’re aimed to help customers find the products they need in a quick and easy manner.
Read about cable testing with impulse voltage generators! Download