5462 - Recovery Voltage Meter
The Recovery Voltage Method is based on established knowledge: the phenomenon of the polarization of oil/paper impregnated insulation.
Many “high-voltage-working people“ have made this painful experience: of short-circuiting a high voltage capacitor (which was previously charged with a direct voltage), of measuring a voltage more or less 0 V and so believing that the capacitor is completely discharged, of touching the connectors of the capacitor and of feeling a shock. This shock is due to the polarization of the insulation. By this method, insulation condition is examined by tracing the polarization spectrum from the results of the recovery voltage measurements.
The instrument, the Recovery Voltage Meter model RVM 5462, which is the successor of the very well known model RVM 5461, effectively completes the range of the conventional insulation diagnosis methods, e.g. dissipation factor (tan delta) and partial discharge measurements, oil analysis, and so on.
Additional Product Information
- Measurement methods: Charging Voltage, Recovery Voltage, Initial voltage rise slope, Peak recovery voltage, Time to peak, Insulation resistance, Polarization index, Polarization current, Interference voltage
- Automatic microprocessor-controlled measurement
- Definable test procedure helps in reducing the test time
- Built-in thermal Printer
- RS 232 C interface for computer connection
- Built-in test box for self testing
- Analysis software available optionally
- A handy portable instrument, specially designed to withstand the harshest of environments
- LCD screen shows results in alpha-numerical and graphical form
- Non-destructive diagnosis of the state of paper-oil insulation systems (effect of moisture content and ageing on power transformers).
- Easy to use, ready to measure on power transformers without any knowledge about geometrical or electrical configurations.
- Clear results indications, as water content in paper (in percentage) and recommended maximum temperature on the transformer.
- On-Site diagnosis of oil paper isolation on power transformers.
- Factory detection of non convenient power transformers drying procedures.