PIM 100 Surge Combination Wave Impulse Module
IEC 61000-4-5 and ANSI C62.41 describe a combination Wave or Hybrid generator with defined open AND short circuit waveforms. The Combination Wave is used to test AC and DC power systems. Safety is paramount with surge impulses. The PIM 100 High Voltage connections are all linked into the System Safety Concept which prevents high voltage plugs or cables from exposing operators to potentially lethal voltages. This concept is extended to Coupling/Decoupling Networks (CDNs) connected to the PIM 100 output. PIM 100 as part of the PSURGE 8000 Surge Platform System can be used together with Coupling/Decoupling Networks (CDNs) for superimposition of the impulse on AC and DC power lines. Single and three phase CDNs have multiplexed inputs, allowing up to 3 impulse modules to be connected. A full suite of test impulses can then be performed completely automatically and without the need to power down and reconnect the EUT.
Additional Product Information
- Floating high voltage output
- Combination wave 1.2/50us – 8/20us
- 7.4kV impulse voltage
- 3.7kA impulse current
- Impulse voltage & current monitors
- Accurate phase angle synchronisation
- Accurate Impulse Synchronisation – The PIM 100 impulses can be applied to the AC power wave with ±1° accuracy.
- Safe and Easy – The interlocked HV section and the integrated controller allow your operators to test safely and easily.
- Sturdy and Reliable – Careful component selection ensures that the PIM 100 will continue to operate under the most strenuous testing regime.
- Single & Three phase power line systems
- IEC 61000-4-5 Edition 1 and 2 Power & Data lines
- ANSI C62.41 Power lines
- Many IEC & EN Product standards
- Other international requirements for Hybrid impulses