MIDAS micro 2883 - C & Tan Delta / Power Factor Tester
The MIDAS micro 2883 is a revolutionary C & Tan Delta / Power Factor / Dissipation Factor tester used to test the insulation of high voltage components (i.e. transformers, bushings, capacitors and so on). Designed and tested for all types of conditions, the complete instrument is built in one rugged case with casters.
With its single-box design, weighing only 25 kg / 55 lbs, this tool can be easily transported to any testing location – in the field or in the factory. All accessories are stored in a robust duffel bag that can be affixed to the case itself. Cable drums make set-up and storage quick and convenient.
MIDAS stands for Mobile Insulation Diagnosis & Analyzing System.
Additional Product Information
- 7″ color touch screen for easy operation
- Compact, one-box design (25 kg / 55 lbs)
- Three operating modes: basic, guided, advanced
- 12 kV high voltage source
- Variable frequency range of 15 – 400 Hz
- Accuracy of 0.3% (capacitance) and 1×10-4 (tan delta)
- Shortest measuring time for capacitance, dissipation factor / power factor testing
- Safe operation with interlock, emergency stop, safety checks and HV ground surveillance
- Rugged case with included accessories bag
- Highest accuracy
- Advanced interference suppression
- Power Transformers
- Instrument Transformers
- Circuit Breakers
- Surge Arrestors
- 2883/SAFE: Safety Strobe Light
- 2283/FS interlock foot switch: Foot operated interlock switch as alternative to the included hand switch
- 288x TEMP: Temperature probe for surface mount
- 288x TEMP2: Laser-infrared, contactless thermo /hygrometer (for determination of tank(oil) temperature, air temperature and air humidity)
- 2283/WE2 and WE3: Warranty extension to two years (WE2)or three years (WE3). Standard warranty is 1 year.
- MIDAS Office: Software for offline analysis of measurement data and creation of customized test sequences
- 2283/HOOK: Hook for high voltage connection (instead of included clamp)
- 2883/HCB: Set of flexible bands for hot collar tests or for guarding of leakage currents
- 2883/ALB: Adapter cable for standard capacitors (Lemo3 _ BNC), i.e. Tettex type 3370 NK:
- 6835 Oil test cell: Test cell for on-site measurements on liquid insulation samples, max. 10 kV
Finding which type of equipment will fit your testing requirements is not an easy task – so take advantage of our library resources. They’re aimed to help customers find the products they need in a quick and easy manner.