MIDAS 2881 - C & Tan Delta / Power Factor Tester
The MIDAS 2881 is a portable power factor tester for periodic maintenance and inspection of high voltage insulation losses of electrical apparatus, especially in the harsh electrical environments experience in substations and other field locations.
Designed for testing at local power-line frequency, the MIDAS automatically measures and records dissipation factor (tan d), power factor (cos F) and all other relevant values of impedances. Damage or changes in the insulation material are detected rapidly and reliably.
Additional Product Information
- Automated measurements of:
- Dissipation Factor (tan delta) and Power Factor
- Short Circuit Impedance and Excitation Current
- Capacitance, Quality Factor
- Frequency, Voltage, Current
- Power, Losses
- Impedance, Inductance
- Reactance, Spectrum Analyzer
- Digital Scope and Data Logger
- Built-in high voltage supply up to 15 kV, 4 kVA
- Built-in, long-term stable standard capacitor
- Rugged, reliable and safe construction
- Integrated PC running Windows platform with advanced user interface
- Shortest measuring time for capacitance, dissipation factor / power factor testing
- Easy to operate
- Highest accuracy
- Advanced interference suppression
- Power Transformers
- Distribution Transformers
- Instrument Transformers
- Rotating Machines
- Liquid Insulation
- Circuit Breakers
- Surge Arrestors
- MIDAS Office: Software for PC test preparation, data visualization, and staff education.
- 288x TEMP: Laser infrared, contact-less thermo/hygrometer. For determination of tank (oil) temperature, air temperature and air humidity.
- 288x SAFE: Safety strobe light with magnetic base (e.g. for mounting on a transformer tank), providing visual warning of high voltage presence.
- 288x CASE: Additional rugged field case for safe transportation.
- 288x RACK: Mechanical kit for 19″ rack mounting.
- 6835: Test cell for liquid insulation samples, max. 10kV.
- 5288A: External resonating inductor (manual tuning), 10kV 33kVA.
- 5289: External resonating inductor (motorized turning), 15kV 100kVA.
- 288x WE2: Warranty extension to 2 years for MIDAS.
- 288x WE3: Warranty extension to 3 years for MIDAS.
Finding which type of equipment will fit your testing requirements is not an easy task – so take advantage of our library resources. They’re aimed to help customers find the products they need in a quick and easy manner.
Read the Utility & Substation Testing Application Guide here! Download