DMI 551 - Digital Universal Measuring Instrument
The Digital Measuring Instrument DMI 551 is an instrument for measurement of AC, DC and impulse peak voltages by means of 3 independent channels. The instrument can also be used for firing a generator or a chopping sphere gap and to trigger an oscilloscope or any other measuring device. The instrument has also implemented a flash detector to store and display the last voltage measurement and its polarity before a breakdown or flashover occurred.
Typical main applications of the unit include measurements of a voltage divider output or for automated product testing where the DMI 551 is integrated into a complete control and measuring platform. A SCS calibration certificate is optional available.
Additional Product Information
- AC voltage measurement by capturing rms, peak and peak/√2 values
- DC voltage measurement and evaluation of mean value and ripple factor.
- Impulse voltage measurement by capturing peak values of lightning or switching impulses.
- Impulse current measurement by acquiring the voltage across a current shunt.
- Triggering of generator and chopping gaps and any other measuring device.
- Flash detection of AC and DC flashovers. The generator can automatically be stopped from recharging.
- Remote control to operate the unit from a computer or a laptop.
- Plotter output for recording of AC and DC voltages on an external X-Y graph recorder.
- Easy to operate: Large LCD screen, case sensitive softkeys and special function keys reduce setup time and ensure intuitive and safe handling.
- Simple to upgrade: Software codes are used for activating the individual measuring modes. Uninstallation, transportation, and reinstallation gets therefore superfluous.
- Manual re-evaluation tool for all impulse parameters.
- Accurate and reliable: Well established hardware and extensively tested software allows meaningful and credible measurements.
- Customized solution: Due to the flexibility of the DMI 551 many HV measuring applications can be covered with this single device. Cost effective investments are therefore guaranteed.
High Voltage Measurements during
- Transformer Testing
- Switchgear Testing
- Surge Arrester Testing
- Research & Development
- IEC 60060-2