CF30 - Cable Fault Locator / Thumper
Hipotronics CF30 cable fault locator is designed for simple location of medium and high voltage primary cables faults. In addition to the high energy capacitive discharge feature, this product allows users to perform a high voltage DC proof tester, and use a high current burner for high resistance faults.
These self-contained, portable units are rugged and reliable making them ideal for years of field use. The CF30 has a continuously adjustable output for DC proof tests up to 30 kV, 50 mA of burn current and up to 15 kV/900J of high energy capacitive discharge.
This product can be easily combined with a time domain reflectometer (TDR 1150 / TDR 1170) via a high voltage coupler (HVC 4100). This combination of equipment can greatly reduce down time to find the fault, and reduce further damage or degradation to the cable under test.
Additional Product Information
- Self-Contained Unit: Combines Proof Tester, Burner and Thumper
- 50mA max burn current
- Internal discharge solenoid
- Maximum 900J impulse energy @ 25kV
- Automatic & manual Thumper modes
- External interlock provisions
- Can be run via AC line voltage or from a generator
- Single HV output for all modes
- Zero Start Interlock
- Accurate Fault Identification & Location
- Isolated Return for Increased Operator Safety
- One Unit for all URD Cable Maintenance Testing
- User Safety: visual verification of grounding status via face panel window
- Variable Impulse Rate: from 3 to 30 Seconds
- Electric Utilities
- Test / Service Companies
- Petrochemical Facilities
- Mining Industry
- Facility Maintenance
- H-FLASH: Digital Acoustic/Ballistic Listening Device
- SPK1-CF30-8: Spare Parts Kit
- TDR1150: Portable Time Domain Reflectometer
- TDR 1170: Rack-Mount Time Domain Reflectometer
- HVC4100: High Voltage Coupler to protect TDR from high voltage & energy of cable fault locator.
- EXT-WARN-1: One year extended warranty
- Grounding Stick: 120kV maximum voltage
- 8100: High voltage cable rack with 125ft of 70kV cable and 125ft of safety ground cable
Finding which type of equipment will fit your testing requirements is not an easy task – so take advantage of our library resources. They’re aimed to help customers find the products they need in a quick and easy manner.
Read the Cable Fault Locating application guide here! Download